Best Inflatable Hot Tub Reviews: Our Top Picks For Backyard Fun
Are you wanting to enjoy the calming effects of water, but don’t have the money to spend on a pool or a traditional hot tub? An inflatable hot tub is a great alternative to the more permanent one. It’s more portable, more affordable and easier to use. You can whip it out and inflate when you are having a hot tub party and put it away when not in use. It’s great for people with not a lot of space but also wants the benefits that hydrotherapy can offer. We have searched to find you the best inflatable hot tub for your need. The ones that have the most reliable features and that are easy to set-up and use.
Check out our top recommendations for the best inflatable hot tubs below.
Look no further because this is the list of the best inflatable hot tub options:
- Intex 77in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set
- Coleman Portable Spa Inflatable 4-Person Hot Tub
- Bestway SaluSpa Miami AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub
- Goplus 4-6 Person Outdoor Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
Check out the individual features of these products:
1. Intex 77in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set
- The built in hard water treatment system makes water gentler on skin for a soothing experience
- An insulated cover and lock is included to minimize heat loss and provides an added safety feature
- Pure Spa provides simple maintenance with 2 easy to replace filter cartridges for clean refreshing spa water
- Age Grading: 6+. Includes: Heating system, 3-way test strip, 2 filter cartridges, floating pool chlorine dispenser, thermal ground cloth, inflation hose, carry bag
- Seating capacity: 4 people; Water capacity: 210 gallons; Water temperature range (68 Degrees to 104 Degrees)
Easily set it up in your garden., it is spacious enough to fit 4 people and has a maximum capacity of 210 gallons.
Where others failed, the Intex PureSpa excelled. It features a fiber-tech construction that gives this product the best structural stability without sacrificing its comfort. That means you can sit or lean back on its edges and not worry that it will sag under the pressure.
Easily set it up in your garden., it is spacious enough to fit 4 people and has a maximum capacity of 210 gallons. Its water temperature capacity is 68 to up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit, allowing you to soak in a warm and relaxing bath.
Maintenance is taken care of as it contains a floating chemical dispenser. It has also been equipped with an S1 Spa Filter Cartridge that helps soften the water in order to prevent hard minerals from irritating your skin. Included with your purchase is an insulated ground cloth to promote better thermal retention.
This has a good capacity. It fits 4 people with still plenty of room to stretch out. If you like to have hot tub parties, this will be the best inflatable hot tub for you.
It’s simple to set-up and transport. This even comes with handles on the side, so you can carry it with ease. It also comes with an assembly guide. Just watch how to put it together.
It is a good choice if you have a hard water source.
The control panel shows you all the information you need to set this up to the right temperature. You can see the numbers well as the control panel is big.
The structural stability of this hot tub is the best out of the bunch. It doesn’t sag and provides a lot of support when you recline without diminishing its cushiony comfort.
It’s a good choice if you have a hard water source. The built-in hard water treatment system helps soften water, so it is better for your skin. It also prevents limescale buildup in it that is usually a reason why hot tubs become clogged. With this feature, your hot tub will last for a long time.
This product comes with a carry bag. Deflate it and then keep it in this bag, to make it easier to store or transport.
The filter cartridges are easy to replace, thereby making this easier to maintain as well.
It comes with an insulated cover. When leaving the hot tub, you can use the insulated cover to prevent temperature loss. It can also be used as a safety feature. This can prevent kids from getting in the tub.
It also deflates easily. It only takes less than 30 minutes to deflate it.
Some said the heating mechanism doesn’t last for a long time and can be quite costly to replace.
2. Coleman Portable Spa Inflatable 4-Person Hot Tub
- INFLATABLE HOT TUB: The Coleman SaluSpa inflatable hot tub is made for up to 4 people and heats up quickly to a soothing 104 degrees with 114 surrounding air jets
- FEATURES: Relax at the touch of a button with the soothing AirJet Spa, rapid heating system, and integrated water filtration; Cushioned floor with convenient drain valve; Heating and bubbling work together to provide a comfortable massage experience
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: TriTech 3 ply inflated walls for durability and comfort; Reinforced cover with safety lock clips and built-in air chamber for insulation; 2 easy-lift handles to help move the spa pool (when empty)
- INCLUDES: Includes 1 pool liner, 1 pool cover, 1 spa pump, 1 chemical floater, 2 filter cartridges (VI), 1 repair patch, 1 AirJet system; 6-foot long cord
- SPECIFICATIONS: Water capacity (80-percent filled): 177 gallons, heat range: 40-104 degrees F, water flow: 320 GPH, and filled weight: 1,938 lbs; 110/120-volt 3-prong plug; Dimensions (L x W x H): 71 x 71 x 28 inches. Not to be used in temps under 40 degrees; Disclaimer: This spa cannot be used in temperatures less than 39 degrees Fahrenheit
This gives you a gentle massaging action to relieve those tight pressure sores.
Relax and unwind with the help of this hot tub that can fit up to 4 people. Water can go as high as 104 degrees for the ultimate hydrotherapy. You can control how warm it can get with its digital control panel that is easily accessible even when you are in the tub. What is great about this is that it is surrounded by 60 air jets. This gives you a gentle massaging action to relieve those tight pressure sores.
Made from 3-ply PVC material and boasting of i-Beam construction, this hot tub is one of the best when it comes to structural stability. You can keep your hot tub clean with the help of its chemical floater and prevent sediments and hard minerals from damaging it through its two-pack filter cartridges.
If you like your hot tub to have a massaging action, get this is the best choice for you. It has jets all around, making this a great choice when it comes to relieving pressure.
It can be heated up quickly. The rapid heating system ensures that you can enjoy soaking in the tub in mere minutes.
It is structurally sound. it doesn’t sag or deflate under heavy loads.
You can easily control its temperature settings without getting out of the tub.
Transport of this is easy. You can carry it inflated through the built-in handles on both sides.
Maintaining this is simple. It is easy to wipe the surface clean and the chemical floater ensures that it remains hygienic. The filter cartridges also protect the inside from damages caused by hard water.
Users had no issues setting it up. It doesn’t take more than an hour. Even without the manual, installation and set-up is not hard to understand.
You can easily control its temperature settings without getting out of the tub.
Four people can really fit comfortably in here. Some hot tubs are advertised for four people but may actually not have enough space to move around.
It doesn’t emit a loud sound. It just quietly runs.
The filters can get clogged up quickly, so if you plan on using this a lot, you need to stock up on filters.
3. Bestway SaluSpa Miami AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub
- Enjoy the ultimate spa experience: receive total relaxation when you slip into this soothing portable hot tub after an exhausting day. 120 bubble jets soak sore muscles for a luxurious treat.
- Dimensions: 71" W x 26" H | Inner Size: 52" W | Cord length: 9 feet
- Operate from inside the hot tub: The digital control panel lets you change the water temperature (up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit) and flow of the jets without stepping out of the tub. A power saving timer can even automate the temperature of the spa up to 72 hours in advance; Disclaimer: This spa cannot be used in temperatures less than 39 degrees Fahrenheit
- Superior strength and durability: The puncture-resistant tri-tech material and I-beam construction ensures your hot tub never loses its shape and stability even when people sit on the side walls.
- Simple setup and maintenance: no extra tools are needed to setup This portable spa. Simply inflate and deflate with the spa's own pump! A cover comes with to provide safety, maintain the water's warm temperature, and keep the water Clean from debris, such as rain or Leaves.
It boasts of Tri-Tech material, which consists of 3 layers of reinforced and strong materials.
A more affordable choice is this one from Bestway. Although it’s a bit more affordable, it still offers premium features. That includes a fully functional digital control panel that lets you make adjustments to the temperature, activate its Lay-Z Massage function and water filtration action and check how high or low the temperature is.
It boasts of Tri-Tech material, which consists of 3 layers of reinforced and strong materials. Laminated PVC layers sandwich a polyester mesh core to make this sturdy and indestructible. The inside also has a sturdy beam construction to prevent it from sagging.
The Rapid Heating System ensures that you will be able to enjoy using your inflatable hot tub quickly, so this is the best one if you want to use your hot tube quickly. It is heated up a safe degree though, so the inflatable material doesn’t get subjected to intense temperature right away. In just a few minutes, you are ready to use your hot tub.
Treat those aching muscles to its 120 bubble jets. You can relieve the tension in those muscles with your very own massaging hot tub without going to a spa.
It comes with its own filtration system and includes a chemical floater, so this will really keep the water clean for a long time. You can also use the cover to minimize the loss of heat and prevent dirt from getting in it.
Treat those aching muscles to its 120 bubble jets.
It’s a little bit more affordable than other inflatable hot tubs out there.
Many people find the maximum temperature just right. It really does a good job in relieving aches and pains, but it doesn’t make you feel dizzy when you get out of it.
Some said it doesn’t produce enough bubbles for that total hot tub experience.
4. Goplus 4-6 Person Outdoor Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
- 【Bubble Massage Function】Omnidirectional soothing bubble jets can massage your whole body in comfortable hot water. It is very suitable for people with joint or muscle pain. It can also improve your sleep, relieve stress and anxiety. And our hot tub can accommodate six people for parties or family use.
- 【Rapid Heating】With heating function, the heating time of the hot tub varies depending on the temperature of the water used to fill the tub. And it has an easy-to-operate digital control panel, which can easily adjust to your favorite mode, and adjust the water temperature at will, giving you a better use experience.
- 【Wear-resistant Material & Strong Frame】This hot tub is made of high quality PVC material, suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Soft and skin-friendly surface gives you maximum comfort. The structure is designed to provide additional durability and strength. So you are allowed to sit without collapse or bending.
- 【Removable Filter & Insulated Cover】The filter of the hot tub is removable and easy to replace and clean, providing better water quality. In addition, it can extend the life of the product. With an insulated cover and locks, it can minimize heat loss and prevent rain from entering.
- 【Easy to Carry & Clean】The automatic inflation feature saves you time and effort. With handheld design, it is very easy to transport. When you do not need to use it, it is also very convenient to store, because it’s small storage size. And the surface of base is easy to clean with soap and water.【This product is not for sale in california】
It is the perfect hot tub for relaxation.
This inflatable hot tub for 4 people features something that other hot tubs can’t: a 360-degree bubble design. This all-around bubble action provides the ultimate relaxing experience as it targets all the other areas of your body such as the waist, back, and neck. It is the perfect hot tub for relaxation.
This has a higher water capacity of 210 gallons for full immersion. When it is not filled up with water, it only weighs 50 lbs., so it can be easily carried by 2 people. The rapid heating system allows this to heat up to 2-3 degrees Fahrenheit per hour.
The bubble design is good. It has a 360 action that works in massaging the body and providing great pressure-relieving action.
Set-up of this hot tub is fairly easy. It doesn’t take a long time to put up inflate. Deflating it is easy as well.
In just one hour, it should be ready to be used.
Maintenance of this hot tub is easy as it doesn’t get dirty easily. The filter cartridge is easy to replace. It filters the dirt easily and prevents them from getting in the motor and elsewhere in the tub.
It warms up fast. In just one hour, it should be ready to be used.
Once you are done using it, simply deflate it and store it.
Some said it loses heat faster than the tubs you use in spas, but it can be rectified by setting up the temperature to a higher setting.
Which One Should You Get?
Now which of these inflatable hot tubs would work better for you?
If you are looking for a set with structural stability, we recommend the Intex 77in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set. We think this is the best when it comes to holding its shape. It doesn’t sag under the weight, so you can sit on the edges with ease. It also has a lot of amazing features such as its built-in hard water system, which is useful for people who live in areas with hard water. It’s also easy to set-up and then deflate and store once no longer needed.
If you want your hot tub to have massaging jets, Coleman Portable Spa Inflatable 4-Person Hot Tub is an excellent choice. With jets strategically placed in the tub, you can relive those pressure sores with ease. Set-up for this is fairly easy and it doesn’t take a lot to transport it as well.
The Bestway SaluSpa Miami AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub is one of the cheaper options on our list. If you want a few more dollars of savings, try getting this one. It has all the basic features you can find in an inflatable hot tub such as jets, an easy-to-access control panel, and good heating performance. It might be lacking in more bells and whistles but for its price, it’s a great deal.
The Goplus 4-6 Person Outdoor Spa Inflatable Hot Tub is the hot tub choice if you are looking to optimize your comfort. It has the best surround bubble design on this list. If you like something with more bubble and better massaging action, you definitely should get this.
Overall, we think that the best inflatable hot tub is the Inte 77in Purespa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set.
What to Consider When Buying an Inflatable Hot Tub
When buying an inflatable hot tub, there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind when choosing the best one for you. Here are some of them:
How Long Does It Take To Heat Up
Are you planning a party tonight or do you have a few days before you need to use your new hot tub? Depending on your answer you are going to want to ask yourself how fast each hot tub takes to heat up based on maximum gallon capacity. In some cases, it can take a few days for it to completely warm up. Which is why you need to check its power consumption as well as its heating capacity. That will tell you whether or not it will heat up your water fast.
In some cases, it can take a few days for it to completely warm up.
Durability and Structural Stability
How many people do you plan to put in your hot tub? What if you decide to have a party and invite extra friends over? The last thing you would want is for it to bulge at the seams or buckle under the weight of the users. This is why you should look for something with better structural stability. The air chambers should be sturdy and should hold air well.
The last thing you would want is for it to bulge at the seams or buckle under the weight of the users.
How Difficult Is It To Set-Up?
Part of the beauty of an inflatable hot tub is that you should be able to set it up on your own. Make sure to read the reviews of each inflatable hot tub you consider. Look for something that you can just assemble in minutes and then inflate in no more than 15 minutes.
Part of the beauty of an inflatable hot tub is that you should be able to set it up on your own.
How Many People Can It Sit In An Inflatable Hot Tub?
Consider how big a hot tub you want. The bigger the hot tub, the harder it is to heat up because it has more water capacity. The bigger the hot tub, the more friends you can over as well. One with a 4-people capacity should be right for most people’s needs.
The bigger the hot tub, the more friends you can over as well.
Do Inflatable Hot Tubs Work In Cold Weather?
Yes, inflatable hot tubs can work in cold weather. Although most are not guaranteed to work in temperatures below 40F, tests have shown that they can work in temperatures well below freezing if the right precautions are taken. You mainly want to make sure that your inflatable hot tub has a heat pump powerful enough to maintain its max water temperature even in below-freezing temperatures. You also want to take the time to insulate your heat pump so that it stays mechanically sound through the winter months. This will keep the parts from cracking and breaking when the weather gets cold.
What Temperature Should I Keep My Inflatable Hot Tub At?
You should keep your inflatable hot tub at a temperature of higher than 90F, especially in the winter, if you are going to be using it regularly. Most people keep theirs between 102 and 104 F.
Should I Leave My Hot Tub On At All Times?
You do not have to keep your inflatable hot tub on at all times, but you do need to keep time in mind when you decide to use it. It might be beneficial to your energy bill to only turn your hot tub on when you want to use it, but it can take a while to heat up. It can take up to 12-24 hours to heat up your hot tub if it has been turned off for a longer amount of time, so be sure to keep that in mind.
How Do You Maintain An Inflatable Hot Tub?
To maintain your inflatable hot tub you will need to check the PH balance at least once a week using a water testing kit. You want the water to have a PH of between 7.4 and 7.6, if you water is not within this range you can then adjust the PH of your water using the tablets that will come with your water testing kit.
You need to sanitize your inflatable hot tub before each use with a sanitizing solution, if you are not using your hot tub currently you will need to sanitize it weekly.
Remove and clean the filter on a weekly basis to keep it from getting backed up.
Completely drain your inflatable hot tub every 3-4 weeks, then wash it down with a mild detergent and rinse it out before filling it back up.
What to Do Next?
You do not need to spend thousands of dollars on a pool or traditional hot tub for your home in order to relax and enjoy the water. An inflatable hot tub can easily give you just as much comfort, and take the place of a pool for a fraction of the cost. Plus, you can use it during the winter months! Make sure you have all the things you need for a comfortable home, and give all of our options careful consideration. Check out our homepage for more tips and information on the best products to buy that can help make your home more comfortable.